Kent Eken's Voting PlatformKent Eken serves the Minnesota State Senate for District 4
- Reduce our property taxes
- Lower tuition rates
- Protect our communities from flooding
- Maintain and improve the quality of our education, health/long-term care, and transportation system
The following groups endorse Senator Kent Eken for re-election to the Minnesota Senate:
- AFSCME Council 65
- Care Providers of Minnesota
- Education Minnesota
- Housing First Minnesota
- Inter Faculty Organization (IFO)
- Laborers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA)
- Minnesota AFL-CIO
- Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE)
- Minnesota Farmers Union
- Minnesota Farm Bureau
- Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA)
- Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Sheet Metal Air Rail Transportation – Transportation Division (SMART-TD)
- United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Local 1189
Reducing Property Taxes
Because of this, property taxes are going up eight times faster on rural homeowners than metro homeowners in the Twin Cities. “This is wrong, and I will work to restore the Homestead Credit if elected to the State Senate,” Eken said. “We in rural and Greater Minnesota are not second-class citizens. We are all part of one state and deserve to be treated as equals.”
Teaching Future Generations
After graduating from Concordia College in Moorhead, Kent taught high school in rural Minnesota for many years. He taught economics, history, and government. In a school survey sent out to alumni, Kent was chosen most often by students as the teacher who had the greatest impact on their lives. These experiences have strongly shaped his policy decisions.
Protecting Against Floods
Growing up on the family farm, Kent Eken understands just how devastating flooding can be. Kent Eken’s efforts at flood control have been recognized by the Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
Maintaining and Improving Quality of Life for Western Minnesotans
Eken has been an out-spoken advocate for our nursing homes and other long-term care services. If elected, he will continue to work for our seniors and those who provide the care and services they need and deserve.
for Minnesota State Senate in District 4 across Norman County, Clay County and part of Becker County.